Tuesday, April 30, 2013

2Good4Radio Interview with Mono Bagends



Mono Bagends talks to us on 2 Good 4 Radio about why getting his single "On Fire" is getting love on the radio, why he's too good for it, and more!!  Read all about it below.....

What's up Mono Bagends?  
Mono Bagends:  Everything good....live life one moment at a time.


Your latest single "On Fire" has been getting a lot of airplay on commercial and noncommercial stations across the nation, why do you feel this single is fit for radio?  
Mono Bagends:  It has a catchy chorus and a hot beat.  That is all that is needed for the radio.  Most people don't listen to the verses.  Even though I am an artist who works very hard on the verses to make sure they make sense with the record.  It is what it is.


Could you give us just a short quick list of some of the DJs and stations that have been supporting the single?  
Mono Bagends:  I really don't know off hand. They are so many to mention.  One of the biggest DJs to pick it up was DJ Scrill in North Carolina.  I have noticed that DJ Mondo in Atlanta has been supporting the movement and DJ. Todd Bladz in Cinn has been very supportive.


Do you have a radio station or a show that you listen to on a regular basis?  
Mono Bagends:  No I don't.  I just flip through the stations and when I hear something I like I leave it.


How about online or Internet Radio Shows or Podcasts that you like to check out from time to time?  
Mono Bagends:  Nope....don't really listen to music on the internet....if I do I go to youtube.


With the steady growth of Internet Radio, and Live Streams and people know plugging in their smart phones and listening to shows not found on commercial radio, do you think that FM Terrestrial Radio is on its way out the door and could end up being a thing of the past?  
Mono Bagends:  No. I always believe their will be terrestrial radio and I think it is the biggest thing out there and will remain to be for the foreseeable future.


Were there any particular mix shows that you enjoyed listening to when you were younger?  
Mono Bagends:  I used to like DJ Clue's mixshow.


Do you feel that radio is still the best way to be heard as an indie artist?  
Mono Bagends:  Not really sure.  There are so many different types of ways to get your music heard.  I think it depends on the individual artist and what they bring to the table.


Is there a particular radio show that you would love to be a guest on that you haven't been on already?  
Mono Bagends:  Growing up in New York, to be on Hot 97 is the ultimate goal.  Its the biggest thing around in the biggest market.  I have had my music played late night on it but to be featured during prime time or have an interview would be special.


Do you have any last minute plugs?
Mono Bagends:  Thanks for the interview.  To all my fans thank you for enjoying my music; I'll keep those hits coming.

Get more updates on Mono Bagends at  
http://www.bagendsblog.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment